Malte L. L. Farnaes
Malte L. L. Farnaes
Mr. Farnaes is an experienced trial attorney representing businesses and individuals in all phases of litigation. Since 2002, Mr. Farnaes has successfully prosecuted over 500 cases for Plaintiffs and Defendants in diverse areas of law including employment, intellectual property, fiduciary duty, advertising, corporate governance, real estate, discrimination, as well as business to business disputes.
In addition to handling individual cases, Mr. Farnaes prosecutes and defends nationwide class actions. Mr. Farnaes has resolved cases totaling over $50 Million in dispute, and has also handled other non-monetary, yet high stakes matters requiring emergency restraining orders and injunctions.
Mr. Farnaes founded Farnaes & Lucio in 2010 based on a philosophy that clients deserve vigorous representation in court, as well as thoughtful and pointed counsel outside the courtroom. Prior to establishing the firm in San Diego, Mr. Farnaes was a litigator at a prominent national law firm based in Washington D.C.
In addition to his work as a lawyer, Mr. Farnaes also serves as the Honorary Consul of Denmark in San Diego, California. Mr. Farnaes is available to assist in all matters concerning Danish nationals and Danish interests in Southern California.
Representative Matters Include:
- Represented children’s television producers in copyright and trademark infringement action
- Represented general construction firm in breach of contract action
- Represented community non-profit in copyright infringement action.
- Represented beneficiaries to a trust in a breach of fiduciary duty case against a trustee.
- Represented developer in breach of guarantee case
- Represented retail store in trademark infringement case
- Represented insurance broker in breach of contract and fiduciary duty case;
- Represented general contractor in public bid contest;
- Represented employee in sexual harassment and retaliation case
- Represented employee in pregnancy discrimination case.
- Represented manufacturer in a nationwide consumer class action.
- Represented health care clinic in a nationwide class action
- Represented employer in pregnancy discrimination case.
- Represented employer in disability discrimination case
- Represented employee in misclassification and age discrimination action.
- Represented bank in international bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented hospital in breach of contract proceedings.
- Represented franchisor in action against franchisee;
- Represented employer in work place harassment restraining order proceedings
- Represented employee in wage & hour class action;
- Represented lender in breach of promissory and guarantee case.
- Represented trucking company in wage and hour class action.
- University of California, San Diego - B.A. - 1997
- University of San Diego School of Law - J.D. - 2002
- State Bar of California (Bar No. 222608)
- United States District Court, Southern District California
- United States District Court, Central District California
- United States District Court, Eastern District California
- United States District Court, Northern District California
Professional Community Affiliations
- Appointed Honorary Consul of Denmark, 2016
- Board of Directors Danish American Chamber of Commerce, 2010 - 2016
- Trademark Law Caught in Love Triangle with Right of Publicity: Eastwood v. Superior Court, 12 J. Contemp. Legal Issues 568 - (2001-2002)
- Debt Relief Legal Clinic (TM) Going Once, Going Twice…, 12 J. Contemp. Legal Issues 218 - (2001-2002)